A few notes from around the NBA:
• Cavaliers coach Mike Brown is adding a one-time Cavs big man to his staff. According to a report by Yahoo! Sports, the Cavs are in the process of hiring Vitaly Potapenko as an assistant coach. Potapenko was drafted by the Cavs and played for them from 1996-99.
• Potapenko hails from the Ukraine and also spent time as a center with the Celtics, SuperSonics and Kings. He has been an assistant coach with the Celtics and in the D-League.
• The Cavs have now added Phil Handy from the Lakers, Igor Kokoskov from the Suns and now Potapenko to Brown’s staff. Brown is expected to retain Jamahl Mosley from Byron Scott’s staff, as Brown and Mosley share an agent and Mosely has been credited with a role in the development of Cavs forward Tristan Thompson.
• Kent State forward Chris Evans is among the NBA Draft prospects working out for the Kings, who own the Nos. 7 and 36 picks. Others working out for the Kings include: French center Rudy Gobert, Montana guard Will Cherry and Syracuse guard Brandon Triche.
• Ohio guard D.J. Cooper has worked out for the Trail Blazers.
• Michigan guard Tim Hardaway Jr. has worked out for the Bucks and Timberwolves.
• Akron center Zeke Marshall worked out for the Bulls and Pacers.
• The Jazz worked out Indiana power forward/center Cody Zeller on Monday. They own the Nos. 14, 21 and 46 picks in the draft.