The Miami Heat announced via a media phone hotline that they were canceling practice and the team’s scheduled media session on Friday, the morning after a 19-point loss to the Indiana Pacers.
The team was not required to practice, and if they didn’t practice they were not required to meet the media.
But the cancellation came very close to when practice was scheduled to start, and the Heat gave no reason for it.
10) The media ask such tough and mean questions.
9) Lebron James decided he would answer “not one, not two, not three, not four, not five …” questions.
(8) Playing in two playoff series has proven especially “taxing.”
7) As a public service, Heat chose not to remind the world that everyone will soon be returning to their same lives and problems.
6) The elbow.
5) Media session conflicted with planned private Big Wheel excursion at Indianapolis Motor Speedway.
4) Charles Barkley hurt their feelings.
3) Heat are in utter shock that Pacers have refused to concede with a 2-1 series lead
2) City of Indianapolis refused to loan hydraulic lifts for planned celebration in Indy’s Arena after series ends.
1) Not even the Heat can stand the Heat.