Here are some of the top sports articles from FOX Sports networks we found for April 22nd through April 23rd:
- FOX Sports Ohio – Vikings open bidding, add drama to draft – The 2012 NFL Draft more or less starts with the Minnesota Vikings.
- Yardbarker – Waiting For Next Year – Offensive Positions Outside QB Are The Way Browns Should Go – With the NFL Draft set to begin on Thursday night and the Browns heavily involved in the first two days with three picks at 4, 22, and 37.
- Yardbarker – Footbasket – NFL Draft 2012: Brandon Weeden Hopes to Go to Cleveland, Compete with McCoy – Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III, and Ryan Tannehill look to get off the board fast before the Cleveland Browns approach with their 22nd overall pick in the upcoming NFL Draft.
- FOX Sports Ohio – Cavs Report: Sloan seems to be getting point – A few random observations following the Cavaliers’ 114-98 loss in San Antonio on Sunday:
- Yardbarker – Hockey Buzz – Eklund – Source: Maple Leafs Will Go "All in" on Nash and a UFA still playing. BOTH – Just spoke to a source who met with the Leafs this last week and was told that not only are they prepared to go "All In" on Rick Nash
- FOX Sports Ohio – Kent State alum Curtis wins Texas Open – SAN ANTONIO (AP) – Ben Curtis won the Texas Open on Sunday for his first PGA Tour title since 2006, holding off Matt Every and John Huh in a tense back-nine finish for a two-stroke victory.
- Yardbarker – Inside The Shoe – 2012 Basketball Recruit Tony Parker To Announce Decision Today – 265-pound senior basketball center from Miller Grove High in Lithonia, Georgia, will announce his college choice at 3 p.m.
- Scout.com – Orange and Brown Report – Best Browns Draft Day Trio – There are multiple scenarios that include the Browns acquiring even more picks in the top 50 if they trade down and out of the No. 4 overall selection.
- FOX Sports Ohio – Cleveland Indians news and notes – News and notes from the Cleveland Indians, who return home tomorrow night to begin a long home stand.
- FOX Sports Ohio – Meyer in total command of Ohio State football – COLUMBUS, Ohio — The theory that Urban Meyer — either by magic wand or piercing whistle — really is in total command of all things Ohio State football
- Bengals.com – Howard keeps walking on – The Bengals coveted Thomas Howard so much in the 2006 draft that they still remembered five years later and grabbed him for two years in the first hours of free agency in 2011.
Then they had so much regard for what he did in his 1,000 snaps at WILL linebacker last season that they traded the guy he replaced even though he was a first-round draft pick.
- MLB.com Preview – Cincinnati Reds at Chicago Cubs – April 22, 2012 – The Reds have won two of three, while the Cubs snapped a six-game losing streak on Saturday with a 6-1 win.
- ProFootballTalk – Browns worst in the NFL at finding All-Pros in the draft – When the Cleveland Plain Dealer reviewed the last 10 NFL All-Pro teams to determine which NFL teams did the best and worst job of drafting talent, it should have come as no surprise that the Browns were last on the list.
- Columbus Crew – Gaven returns to form with two-goal night vs. Houston – COLUMBUS – The question of what happened to Eddie Gaven was answered with emphatically with a fortuitous bounce and a laser strike.
Gaven had been among the silent majority this season in Columbus, as the Crew scored only four goals through five games. He wasn’t drawing fouls or taking shots, and he was pulled in the second half of a loss to New York on April 7.
But he responded Saturday with his first two goals of the season, as the Crew tied Houston 2-2 to end a two-game losing streak.
- Scout.com: Meyer Happy With Spring Game, Results – Urban Meyer completed his first round of spring practices as head coach at Ohio State feeling like much was accomplished. He was also happy with the turnout for the spring game despite a somewhat dreary start to the day from a weather standpoint.