It’s do-or-die time for the Canton Charge.
That’s because the Charge will either advance or be eliminated from the D-League playoffs tonight in Springfield, Mass., where they face the Armor in a deciding Game 3 of their first-round series.
The Charge won Game 1 in Canton on Friday, only to lose to the second-seeded Armor in overtime Sunday in Springfield. So tonight’s game is like the NCAA tournament, as the Charge need a victory to move into the semifinals.
Some quick series notes:
* T.J. Campbell has had a a couple of strong performance for the Charge, scoring 24 points on 10-for-14 shooting in the first game. He then compiled 10 points, eight assists and five rebounds in Game 2. Campbell is a 5-foot-9 point guard out of the University of Portland.
* Part-time Cavs forward Luke Harangody has also been exceptional, scoring 16 points and grabbing seven boards in the win, and totaling 26 points in the loss. In between, Harangody was called up by the Cavaliers and compiled 16 points and 10 rebounds in a win Saturday at Washington. It can safely be said it was Harangody’s best game as a Cav.
* In Game 2, Springfield shot 100 percent from both the field and free-throw line in outscoring the Charge, 12-3.
* Former Oklahoma State guard JamesOn Curry and ex-Cornell center Jeff Foote have been two of the top performers for the Armor. Former Wake Forest guard L.D. Williams is another.
* Starters for the Charge: PG Campbell, F Harangody, F Kyle Gibson, SG Antoine Agudio, C Dante Milligan.
* The Charge will host a watch party for Game 3 at Panini’s Bar & Grille, 5260 Dressler Road NW in North Canton, near Belden Village Mall. Tip-off is slated for 7:30 p.m.